Thursday, December 26, 2013

A New Year?



I am looking forward to 2014...especially as an author.  I have scheduled several speaking & signing engagements for the new year and am eagerly awaiting the release (April 3, 2014) of my second book in the Canaanshade series.  My lifelong dreams are finally coming to fruition!

It made me wonder about dreams and resolutions.  What do we dream about?  What do we long for?  And why does it take so long for some of these dreams to come true?  If they ever do.  I have wanted to write all of my life, but things kept getting in the way of that dream.  Still, the longing never waned.

Finally, at the age of 50, I've managed to make time for that dream.  One of my writing mentors once told me:  "Mitchell, you don't want to write...you want to have written."  That was certainly true back then, but now...as I've hopefully matured...I actually long to write.  Of course it's an even greater pleasure to watch someone read my stories.  Sharing is twice the delight.

My 2014 New Year's resolutions are:  to be a better husband, father and pastor...and to enlarge my audience and influence as an author.  I hope this is just the beginning of a long and prosperous writing career.  So, will I keep the pace and discipline throughout the New Year?  I hope so...but only time will tell.  I hope I don't have to wait around for another new year for it to happen.

See you in 2014!  May God bless us one and all!

Mitchell S Karnes

No comments:

Post a Comment