Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cover Art for My New Book

I just got the cover art for my new book, which is due for release August 22, 2013.  Here it is:


I never realized how hard it is to summarize a book.  As the author you have so many layers in the story from the superficial action and dialogue to the innuendos, symbols and thematic lessons that it is extremely difficult to decide exactly what to say and what not to say.  I did my best and know that I am still in the novice/leaner stage of authorship.

I hope to learn as I enjoy the fruits of years of labor pains.  I made several suggestions as to my preferences to cover art, but with the input of David King, the production editor, we went with the "less is more" approach and put the images of the four main characters on the front.

Let me know what you think...what you like...what you don't like.  Please take a few moments to make suggestions, so that when I am ready for book two I have a better idea of what I am doing.  Thank you so much.  I hope you buy a copy and read it.  Then you can send me a note telling me what you thought of the story as well.

I look forward to booksignings, readings, and more adventures.

Thanks - from the Mind of the Writer, Mitchell S Karnes

No comments:

Post a Comment