Friday, August 30, 2013

Pain from the Past

I just posted a comment on my Facebook that I thought I would flesh out a little more here.  I want to start by thanking those who have made comments about the bullies of your past (publicly and privately).  When I chose to bring bullying into the theme of my new book, I knew I was risking the reopening of old wounds...not just to pride, but to pain and a sense of loss.  But as a pastor and a counselor, I also knew suppressing memories and pain is not dealing with them and giving myself an opportunity to heal from them.

Please continue sharing your stories of past bullying pain, and we'll get through them together.  I hope my book can begin a healthy discovery and dialogue about the pain and fear bullying causes children.  I also hope it inspires us to say, "No one should ever have to stand alone."  Well friends, I have to go.  In the meantime, "Be strong and courageous" (Joshua 1:9).

Mitchell

PS - If you haven't seen the movie Captain America, do it soon.  He understood the pain and used it for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment