Saturday, August 10, 2013

Prioritize - From the Strength of a Family

It's amazing how life suddenly stops and everything falls into proper perspective when a family member falls ill.  While I was on sabbatical in New York, my father-in-law had heart issues.  The Monday I returned, I had to have surgery on my nose (in order to breathe), and today my wife went to the ER with heart problems.

We just put a contract on a new house yesterday.  This house would enable us to move my wife's parents (her mother suffered a severe stroke 6 years ago & her father's heart issues continue to worsen) in with us.  Keep in mind we still have five of our seven children living with us.  So, we just found the perfect house, put ours up for sale, and my wife is in the hospital.

Everything falls away except family.  Everything takes its proper place and people supplant things in our lives...that's the way it should be every day.  So, sorry for the lack of posts in the past several days, but that too fell to the wayside.  My posts will return and expand when family is alright and everything is as it's supposed to be.  Well, not everything.  That only happens in Heaven.  Well, you know what I mean.

Until then...so long and fair well.

Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment